Bradford Fire Risk Assessments
Tackling Fires In The Workplace
A fire risk assessment is an organised and methodical look at your premises, the activities carried out there and the likelihood that a fire could start and cause harm to those in and around the premises.
The aims of the fire risk assessment are:
- To identify the fire hazards
- To reduce the risk of those hazards causing harm to as low as reasonably practicable
- To decide what physical fire precautions and management arrangements are necessary to ensure the safety of people in your premises if a fire does start
Under the Regulatory Reform Order (Fire Safety) 2005, all employers with 5 or more employees must have a written fire risk assessment. Failure to have a suitable and sufficient fire risk assessment can leave employers open to prosecution by the Fire Service. The legislation puts responsibility on employers to identify a ‘responsible person’ to manage fire safety, assess the risks from fire and to make sure that adequate systems are in place.
Call In The Fire Risk Assessment Specialists
Staines Fire Safety Services carry out fire risk assessments in West Yorkshire, Teesside, County Durham, Tyne & Wear and Northumberland. We also have offices in Scotland, the Midlands and in the South East and South West. We provide a U.K wide service.
Staines Fire Safety Services Fire Risk Assessments will consider the following, as recommended by the Government:
- Dangerous substances storage, display and use
- Equipment and machinery
- Electrical safety
- Managing building work and alterations
- Existing layout and construction
- Particular hazards in corridors and stairways used as escape routes
- Insulated core panels
- Restricting the spread of fire and smoke
- Fire-resisting structures
- Help for people with special needs
You have responsibility for the provision of appropriate firefighting equipment. It is also your responsibility to check that all firefighting equipment is in the correct position and in satisfactory order before the premises are used.
Staines Fire Safety Services will advise you fully on all aspects of fire risks on your premises which include: restaurants and bars, public houses, shops and offices, hotels, b&bs, guest houses, factories and warehouses, schools, colleges, healthcare premises and more. We will not recommend anything that you do not need